Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lily's Luscious Lime and Poppy Seed Cake


Last night, Lily and I began cooking my favourite, Lime & Poppy Seed Cake. This morning we iced it.


There are about 3 different parts or processes going on, to cook this cake. Certainly there are 3 separate bowls happening. As a consequence of having my little helper by my side, who is impulsive and loves to create geat puffs or clouds out of icing sugar, I left out the 'creaming of the butter and the sugar' step of the operation.


Paul sat in the dining room, last night and read, whilst chuckling and listening to us, as we fought it out hammer and tong in the kitchen.

Alas, the cake survived and so did we and it was consumed in slithers, out on the deck for morning tea. The stramberries are essential, to mop up the refreshingly, zesty, lime icing with your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment