Thursday, July 8, 2010

A cinnamon stick on each napkin for fragrance and effect


It is hard to tell in this pic but the table cloth and the napkin have actually been fashioned out of a $17 builder's drop sheet from Bunnings hardware store.

I saw an image of the drop sheet, used as a table cloth in a Donna Hay Food magazine. Last time Paul went to Bunnings I asked him to pick one up for me. The material is raw like linen. The drop sheet is humungus - so great value and perfect for a rectangular table, like ours. Paul just had to trim a bit of the length for our table and then sew the edge. I cut the napkins to size. I cannot believe builers are using this gorgeous fabric as a drop sheet - it is criminal. Go and buy yourself one today. I am going to get another one because they are so functional and a perfect, rustic, raw, oatmeal colour, that goes harmoniously with everything.

1 comment:

  1. what a great tip Hoppykins...i am going to get myself down to bunnings! i love a fabric bargain xx

    ReplyDelete