Friday, April 23, 2010

Surgery and Music

I went in to hospital for day surgery yesterday, and have come home feeling like they took out my spleen and replaced it with an operating instrument. As I sit here with my heat pack on my tummy (Lily having gone off to high school with Paul for the day), I have been listening to my talented friend's music compositions.

Fancy actually being a composer! Claire Deak is a composer, and a humble one at that. I urge you to drop into her website - Claire Deak Music and Meanderings - and listen to the amazing music that she creates for SBS and other films/theatre. Claire, listening to your music today has been so soothing and comforting. Thank you beautiful girl.

For the rest of the day I am going to sleep and then hopefully wake and continue editing my book in bed. The yucky part (not the in bed bit, the editing bit) I would much rather just write.

I am currently reading 'Why People Fail' by Simon Reynolds and I am reading it in terms of writing my book and bringing its publication to fruition.

He sights these reasons as the most common reasons why people fail:

-lack of belief in yourself
-not knowing your purpose and therefore not planning ahead and seeing through the strategies and steps required to fulfill your purpose
-not making a commitment and factoring in time and routine
-lack of persistence

Seize everyday he says, even if your spleen is hanging out!

I hope you fulfill your dreams and see through your goals, in light of these pathways to success. We all have dreams. What are yours? I have come to realise after 33 years, that it's not arrogant to believe in yourself. Medication kicked in................ sleepy x o x o x..............................

6 comments:

  1. Oh Tracey! Hope you feel better when you wake up! Take care!! Wishing you a wonderful long weekend ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a sweetheart Tracey.
    I hope you're feeling better- was it actually your spleen you went in for? Poor possum!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, thank you, you are so caring and I am just fine. I hope you have a beautiful long weekend with your family. I look forward to seeing what projects you get up to. Enjoy, honey, lovely to hear from you x o x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire -it wasn't actually my spleen, put a camera in my tummy and just 2 incisions. All is well and I am back on track x o xo love your music Claire. would like to purchase a CD x o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    I like this post it is very apt for my day. I rang cat woman and she said that the only thing that separated me from the guy who got the job was confidence in the interview.She told me I was second in line and the panel had many discussions about it. Maybe I need to read your book and follow your philosophy of believing in myself because if I don't who will? (not cat woman!!!!)
    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I said honey, LIFE IS FAR TOO SHORT TO WORK FOR A WOMAN IN A CAT SUIT! You are better than that!

    I was really worried and felt really silly telling people about my book and my blog for fear that people would think, that I think that I am something special. However, I realised that even if people do think my blog or my book is poxy, I guess it doesn't matter because those people and I are not compatible. You can't be compatible with everyone. I realised that the people like you in my life who have supported me are my true and loyal, dear friends and it is only people who believe in us that we should be surrounding ourselves with.

    You and I have always under sold ourselves for fear of what people think. Small town mentality. However, confidence is not cockiness. You would never be cocky, we would put ourselves down before we behaved like that. I have so much faith in you because you are LOYAL AND HONEST AND THAT IN MY BOOK, IS SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN CONFIDENCE. I love you my loyal and refreshingly honest friend. I'd rather talk to a real and honest person than someone exuding confidence. The character in the cat suit has lost out. Tracey x o x o

    ReplyDelete