Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I am writing my own book. Stay tuned to my blog to see, purchase and read it.


Well the cat is out of the bag. I am writing a book. I guess really, it is close to completion - thousands of words long and very explicit and intimate and personal. I have been writing it for years, since I was at Griffith, so I have much to chop out and alter and edit. Any editors out there? It's a memoir - interesting for other females to read. Very feminine in style. I am currently reading 'The Gastronomy of Marriage' by Michelle Maisto (image shown) and I guess my book may be in a similar vein? About love, relationships, food and friends. My book is certainly more explicit and certainly not something that I would want my parents to read! It is honest and open, self-consciously so, which means it is a real page turner, however also difficult in a way for me to reveal the whole me and my story to the world. Being respectful and protective of the people close to me is something I care very much about. My blog is an escape or a little creative outlet that I wander to, inorder to have a break from my writing. I want to thank my friends Simon and Lynelle, who when I told them what I was doing promised that even if they were the only 2 people in the room (other than myself) that they would BE AT MY BOOK LAUNCH WITH BELLS ON !!!!!!!!!! I WILL SEND OUT PERSONAL INVITATIONS TO MY BOOK LAUNCH. I am trying to decide where I will have my book launch????!!! It would have to invlove decadent fingerfood - perhaps at home, or at the Japanese Gardens or at our local surf club, at the end of the street overlooking the ocean, serving crisp chardonnay and fancy canapes. Contact me if you would be interested in attending. Lynelle and Simon- I have pencilled you in! Thank you, you dear old, loyal characters for your support.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that is fantastic. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to open up and pour out your life in a book and then let strangers read it! Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog and for your lovely comment. I am looking forward to getting to know you better Tracey and reading more about your life, your book and your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does not surprise me I have a vague recollection of you in our teenage years once underlining the most elaborate Horoscope book for the parts that most accurately depicted you. And insisting I analyse if they were correct.I remembered telling you they left out your pedantic nature,which by the way I love you fool!Your antics constantly amuse me and shall continue to until my death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dry manner in which you responded about not being surprised by the book. You have a good memory of our childhood. My goodness, you poor thing, you have been putting up with me and my outrageousness for years! I know, however, that you are equally as insane, creative and appreciative of the simple, beautiful little things in life. YOU SHOULD START A BLOG!! Get the eel onto it! what would you call it? Natalie Ellen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm there, you beautiful creature! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you Claire - will send invite my darling!!!1 x o x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would call it Glisten.Because thats the way everything in my Coffs Harbour paradise appears to me in the sunlight I love that we live so close to the beach in this wonderful peaceful suburb nestled amongst the trees.I love the familiar beach trails and cafes.We spend most of our nights at restaurants with friends after four years every day is still a holiday.xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased you are so happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tracey, I am so in awe that you have written a book! I would love to read it, please be sure to let us know when we can get a copy:) You really are so inspirational!! ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina, as I said on your blog, some day I will be walking through a book shop and someone will have struck a publishing deal with you and on the shelf will be a dossier of your home, your life and your craftiness. I wish I could sew, knit etc. You have an eye and you are clever. I am terribly impatient with craft projects - I try but I always get flustered. The Notebook Magazine is running courses and seeking tutors to teach craft based skills. I thought of you immediately - you should apply, so that people like me can learn and keep the art of craft/knitting alive in our era. Tracey x o x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracey I am totally inspired that you have written a book.. Can't wait to read it. I am in the process of making my own little library room upstairs with bookshelves lining every wall I have so many books and just hope I live long enough to read the best most delicious books ever written there are so many beautiful reads out there. Love ya Cath

    ReplyDelete
  11. A libary up there would be perfect! In fact Cath, you have the perfect home, personality, family and life in which you should set up a blog. You could call your blog 'seaside' after the signage at your front door - and you are absolute seaside! People dream their whole life of having a home like yours -indeed a life like yours. Your home would photograph like a home out of a magazine. You have it set out so beautifully. Effortless coastal style. There are so many 'home' blogs out there. My dear, you are living the dream and with your red wines and your morocan lamb salad (of which you would have photographed tonight for your blog) - well, your blog would be perfect! I would be your first follower. Inspirational, peaceful and perfect. I started my blog because I wanted to connect with friends and family (particularly family who lived away) so they could see what Lily, Paul and I were up to in our daily lives. I pop a couple of photos on every couple of days. I consider it to be a conscious exercise in picking out the most beautiful, special, memorable moments in our days and sharing it with my nearest and dearest. Scrap booking online? I am really enjoying connecting with the people I care about and I have been fortunate enough to meet some new like-minded people along the way. Thank you for dropping in Cath. I hope you haven't found the whole thing too poxy, it's really special to me and even my book, which people might think is ridiculous - has given me direction, a goal, hope and especially relief over the last few years. Thanks for always understanding everything -always. It has been cathartic to have a voice and write, if only to write for myself, with just me as the audience. Everyone, has a story to tell. I feel in some ways Cath, we have walked similar paths. I trust and value you so much. I am pleased I opened up this little piece of me, to you. My love, Tracey x o x o x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well my darling girl, as I continue to read through your blog, I am wiping tears from my cheeks.....a part of me remembers a girl I once knew, who was a lot like you..where did she go?...You write so beautifully.
    Please send me an invite to your book launch. xx

    ReplyDelete