Monday, June 28, 2010

Patience is not one of my virtues


It is Monday, one of my week days off. I am basking in the sun, temporarily and taking a lunch break (from retreating back inside and writing my book). I would stay outside but the screen of my lap top is being extremely difficult and keeps reflecting shadows across the words that I type. I could resort to a pen and paper? How peculiar? How last century! Kidding, I love quality paper, stationery, notebooks and pens, but sooner or later I would have to retreat inside any way, to type the whole menagerie up. Best stay focused or I will fall asleep on the banana lounge that I am currently reclining on.

You may have noticed that in order to be in this state of zen, I haven't got my regular 5 year old partner in crime with me. I have a reprieve for a couple of hours. Long story. This is rare, as Lil and I are joined at the hip on my days off - however, just another reason that I must make use of this time and kick myself into gear.

I typed my little fingers to the bone, proverbially, on the weekend, however, the maturing of the text still has a long life ahead of it. I lamented this thought to Paul at the end of the weekend, however, some such remark akin to 'Rome wasn't built in a day', followed and he is right, but ever impatient, I want my hard labour to miraculously, come to fruition!

The autumn leaves that I collected will adorn the table of a brunch that I am hosting next week, for some friends. The occasion is for Shelley in particular, who has moved away to be closer to her family. We miss you so much, Shelley and can't wait to catch up with you!

I am going for a rustic themed brunch - think:- a raw linen table cloth, matching raw, neutral napkins, tied with household, trusty string, with an autumn leaf placed cheerfully in the centre of each napkin on each plate. Still thinking centrepiece...?

The food I have selected is... gosh, but I digress...I am on a dead line. Stay tuned, the girls don't know it yet but they will appear on next week's blog.

Off to make hay whilst the sun shines x o

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey, I have just been catchin gup on your last few posts! It is nice that you have some time to yourself today! I always treasure my time alone! Have a great day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not very patient either! Your brunch sounds gorgeous, I look forward to seeing the pictures! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am not the patient type and have heard myself saying those same words...Rome wasn't built in a day (: Your brunch sounds wonderful and LOVE the rustic theme. It should be lovely and I'm sure your friends will enjoy it immensely (:

    Michele
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the sound of that girls brunch of yours Tracey. The decorations and the event itself. I have just committed myself to a four day work week starting in a few weeks time, and cannot wait to have a day to do other things. I'm really pleased to hear that you make it work so well..although as I'm easily distracted, goodness knows what I'll get up to when I should be doing something else! Hope you've had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am sitting here with Al Taylor... she will be a follower soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline -

    Replied on your blog. So pleased you and Al popped in together.

    Tracey x o

    ReplyDelete