Friday, June 4, 2010

A Pet Rock, named 'Fluffy'



Today, Lily, her pet rock and I went to a medical appointment, for me. We were there for over an hour and Lily behaved almost as well as the pet rock (aka 'Chloe'). Lily sat and coloured in and sucked on a lolli-pop in a small cubicle/medical room, whilst the nurse and I talked.
A bit of back ground knowledge about the rock: We picked the pet rock up on our way to the clinic, from Lil'y's pre-school. Their were tears last night because she accidentally left her pet rock "on its own", over night, at pre-school.
When we called into pre-school, I discovered that one of the other kids had called their pet rock, 'Fluffy', which I thought quite amusing, given that it was as smooth as a baby's bot bot and it had 2 plastic eyes, glued onto it.
Lily's pet rock Chloe, (I should mention) does infact have 'hair'. Strands of wool have been clumped together and glued on the rock's .........well, the rock's forehead.
Lily told me that "in this weather, being so cold, a rock really needs hair". I couldn't agree more.
The character who made 'Fluffy' - BALD - obviously didn't feel the same empathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment