Friday, June 4, 2010

Today I feel inspired! Tonight, I crave total escapism and abandonment of the everyday...



Tonight I am going to indulge in 2 hours of total nonsense.

I am going to watch Sex In the City 2' and be drawn to all of the materialism, ridiculous 'high fashion' and glam, that I so vehemently choose to avoid, in my own life.

I will relish turning off my mobile phone for 2 hours, as I languish in the cinema on my own. Lily will be safe and sound and warm and content at home with Paul. They will play and greet me at the door, with big hugs, when I get home.

When I get to the cinema, I will buy a cup of plastic tea (ha! Ooops, Freudian slip)... A cup of tea in a plastic cup and sip on it, tasting every drop as it warms me down to my toes.

This afternoon I will cook a big, rich, meaty spaghetti with tomato sauce and serve up Lil's and Paul's portions, placing the covered bowls in the fridge. I will have mine early, before I go.

Total decadence.... (you may have guessed that I have now finally finished my reports and have my life back) !!!!!

Ahhhhh! Looking forward to some 'me' time tonight.

Today - life is so sweet. x o

See jolly, little post from today - below.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your very well deserved girly night Tracey (especially after writing all those reports!). Hope you enjoy the movie, I would love to know what you think. I won't be able to see it until it comes out on DVD. Have a great night and a wonderful weekend ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well darling girl, I tranced off with my 3 bella's in toe on the opening night of course! We dressed in character and I made sure we were early enough for a cosmopolitan for me and pink lemonades for the bella's, prior.

    We were completely caught up in the materialism, purchasing the s&C shoe box filled with popcorn to boot....but the night of complete girlness was well worth it.

    I wonder if you like it? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it yet, but I am so looking forward to it. Enjoy your night out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina and Chania - well worth seeing.

    Deb - you are such a fun and funky Yummy Mummy, taking your Bella's to see the premier! I love the Cosmopolitans and pink lemonade and the fact that you bought the Sex and the City shoe box full of pop corn. My only regret, that I didn't go along with you bellas!

    Sex and the City brings women together. My sister went with her friends to a lush cinema with big, squishy lounges, where food was bought out to their seats.

    Afterwards they were going to discuss the film over champagne, together.

    I love the female togetherness that this film celebrates!

    Please tell me what you thought of the film?!!!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb -

    I love that you all dressed in character too! What an awesome faux, red carpet event.

    Isn't it so important to have happy, fun and girly events to look forward to!?

    We Deb, must have another one of these events soon. Meeting somewhere sumptious for a champagne brunch/breakfast again.

    Whenever you are next in Sydney, let Trudy and I know!

    Tracey x o

    ReplyDelete