Monday, May 17, 2010

Family Love


Last week for Lily's birthday party, my Grandma and my sister stayed for a few nights. On the first day that they were here, Paul was at work and there were 3 generations of us girls, in my home - sewing, cooking, eating and talking.

You cannot be TOTALLY comfortable in your own home with many people - but you can be with your family. That is what I loved so much about these few days. No facade, no running around cleaning up after everyone like the village idiot.

My sister had the odd nap on the lounge in betwixt us all talking (as she didn't want to miss out on anything). Trudy is an intensive care nurse, eternally getting over years of 12 hour, night shifts. Atleast that's what we think is wrong with her! He, he..

We stayed in our pjs. We pottered, had endless cups of tea and ate chocolates. I cooked and decorated Lily's birthday cake and Ma sewed me 3 tablecloths, 4 pillowcases and several pillows and beds for Lily's dollys. Lily licked the icing, mixed cake batter and helped Ma pin and fold material.

I had a corned silverside on the boil over this time - and the house smelt and felt - warm and loving.

My beautiful, Pop not long ago passed away and Lily played a song for him on the piano. Our eyes filled with tears as Lily suggested that "Poppy Bruce should have taken a mobile phone to heaven." She told me that she will take a photo phone and a dolly, when she goes up to heaven so we don't miss each other. I howl internally at the vision.

My Ma is 81. I will never, ever forget these few days we spent together last week.

I love you Ma. I love you Pop - so much...

Lily, my innocent and kind, little baby, you are my world. I want to keep you close and safe, my precious and warm little angel.

Lily is forever wanting to give all of our things away to "people who have no things". "I would like to see these people", she said last night, with conviction. "Why don't we take some cups of water to them in Africa", she said.

Lily, what a pure, little heart you have. I am so proud of you.

Love your Mummy x o

No comments:

Post a Comment