Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Confessions of a slightly frazzled, often overwhelmed and increasingly busy - REAL, LIVE WOMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post, I write in salutation to my friend, Cath and all of the other women I know who are like this on a daily basis.

Cath and I sat down in the staff room today (slowly surrounded by other interested women). Cath said to me "I have been cleaning top-to-bottom, a total overhaul of my home!"

I told her I had done the very same thing on the weekend (thus no blogging) and I was horrified by the amount of dust, fluff and filth that I had found!

Cath replied with, "Really, you too?"

Cath then proceeded to put her pointer and thumb in the air, in somewhat of a pincer grip, demonstrating the centimetres of dust that she discovered behind her bedside table.

I sat there and nodded, feeling terribly guilty about the last time that I actually checked behind my beside table - perhaps when the new furniture was put in 2 years ago? ?

Cath's house is immaculate. It is called 'Seaside' and is literally, seaside. It is open, modern, refined, clean and magazine-worthy. It is a dream home.

However, Cath said, "but Tracey, do you know, what caused me to start on a mad, cleaning rampage?"

I replied, "No, what?"

Cath said - "Your blog! You posted that photograph of your fireplace and the adjacent bookshelves and I thought, I need to get myself organised and I need furniture and shelves and order..."

I said - "Cath, I may have posted a photograph of my fireplace, complete with adjacent book shelf, with books ordered tallest to shortest - but on that particular day, I should have photographed and posted the dishes in the sink, piled so high, that I could hardly see out the window !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And another confessional thing, bloggers-

I NEVER make ours or Lily's bed, except on my days off.

This prompted Lily to say recently, "Mum, I love it when you do that thing with my bed!"

"Oh - you mean make it?"

"Yeah - that!"

Cath and my hard working, amazingly intelligent, talented, capable, multi-tasking and gorgeous, female friends - I HOPE THAT MAKES YOU ALL FEEL A WHOLE LOT BETTER.

Post Script: Cath & friends - you will notice that there is no photo this evening, on account that I just got home after a meeting and I simply have not had time to scratch myself today.

Cheers, love you all x o x Let's go easy on ourselves and each other x o x Tracey

6 comments:

  1. Oh Tracey...I hear you...you should see the bombsite that's my dining table at the moment after the silver leafing episode...and as for my bedroom...don't go there! In fact, the only thing I can think of to blog tomorrow is just pretty pictures from somewhere...anywhere. Too tired to do words...in fact I think that's my quota for tonight right there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry - YOU HILARIOUS, GORGEOUS, REAL, LIVE WOMAN - I LOVE YOU FOR YOUR ADMISSION!!!!!!!!!!! Yet, we constantly try to put our best foot forward - especially to other women! YOU CRACK ME UP! Indeed- siver leafing doesn't clean up after itself, or in my case - my 5 year old, doesn't seem to do much of that either! We are all living that aesthetic dream x o x o Leave the bomb site on your table tonight Kerry and do as I am -have another red wine !!!!!!! Women, united. I think if we are honest, we are all in the same boat and that is very encouraging x o x o x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't find an email address to write to you, but thank you so much for your very lovely comments to me (red wine or not!) And I'm very happy to be put in the same category as Tina..don't think I'm anywhere near as nice as her though :) My partner is a teacher and I think my job is relatively easy compared to his and yours!! Rest assured there'll be no eating from my dining table until the weekend and the cat has been buried under a pile of clean laundry on my bed...now where can I find a glass of red too!! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry - you are honest and beautiful and that is sooooooooo refreshing. I hope you find the cat and more importantly - the red wine! Good night my dear x o x o Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just found your post Tracey, a girl after my own heart:) With 2 huge assignments just been submitted, my house looks like a bomb has gone off inside. Selective camera shots are wonderful things;) I have a friend whose hubby used to take pics for an aussie interiors magazine and after he told me that EVERY pic is styled to the zillionth degree, I always felt so much better about my own home. I gave up comparing my home to those of others many moons ago. As long as my family are happy with our home that is all that really matters:) Loved your post Tracey and thank you for your very lovely comments on my blog. Now I am going to go and tread the minefield of mess that is the bedroom floor and think about tidying tomorrow:) Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a lovely Mothers Day on Sunday ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. To live and to love and to create, change cook and enjoy - is to be constantly tidying, cleaning and picking up after ourselves. You have a wonderful Mothers' Day on Sunday x o x Tracey

    ReplyDelete