Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something BLUE xo



Well I've found my 'blue' - as shown above and I FOUND MY WEDDING GOWN!

I walked into our local, bridal boutique a couple of blocks from our house, tried on 2 dresses and ONE, WAS UNEQUIVOCALLY, IT! Not one to spoil a surprise I will simply say it is pre-loved, a touch vintage and very simple and I am so delighted with it.

After the wedding I will return it to Mel's little store of one-offs, for yet another bride to fall in love with... Such is the circle of life! It fits me like a glove, not so much as requiring a hem really.

Trying it on in the shop, I had that moment - when you try on THE bridal gown and you feel like a princess, a princess that is soon to be wedded and you feel loved and beautiful and magic, wanting to look utterly gorgeous and desirable for your handsome prince! Until this point, I hadn't felt bride-like.

I came home the night of finding my gown and said to Paul with a wine in one hand and severe despondence in the other, "This is the last time, at the wedding, that I will feel like a woman". He laughed, looked at me affectionately as if to say, 'are you turning into a man?' and said, "You are so funny and melodramatic, why is this the last time you will feel like a woman?"

"After you are a bride the frequency of occasions in which you pamper yourself, dress up elegantly, totally waxed and womanly, feminine and perfect are few and far between".

I intend to enjoy this day. A wedding is also an opportunity for a long and luxurious honeymoon, which we have booked and I can't wait... !!!!! xo

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have found the perfect dress for your big day - it sounds lovely and I can't wait to see you in it after your 'final pampering session'!! :) I remember trying my dress on and just knowing that it was 'the one', even thought it was the complete opposite in every way possible of what I had initially imagined :)

    ReplyDelete