Friday, October 1, 2010

My public and sincere apologies to you all ...

In my post below about Badminton, I have used the apostrophe several times. Each time I use it I cringe, worrying about my misuse of it. The mechanics of my writing has never been fully developed. I am not as grammatically correct as I would dearly love to be, unlike my friend Moira at school.

When I went to school I learnt language and the construction of it through osmosis - through immersion and by way of a philosophy known as 'whole language'. I was never taught grammar as such.

When I went to Uni a phenomenon was streaking through NSW, whereby nouns where being coined 'participants' and verbs something equally as ridiculous? I didn't know the original and correct grammatical term, let alone then be able to transform the grammatical term into it's new guise.

Thus and apologies - you are left having to put up with my insistence to press on writing, whilst exposing you to my clumsiness. I have an editor for my book - thank goodness for Sally, she will save you from feeling like someone has run their finger nails down the chalk board!

I cannot afford the time or the money to do a writing course at this time. I applied for a scholarship and was unsuccessful, but I will keep applying. Until such time, thanks for putting up with my 'mussy' language, it is important for me to express my thoughts.

Moira and blogging friends, please read the Badminton post below and correct me on my misuse of the apostrophe and or any other faux pas that I make in any blog posts. I will only learn through correction. I would be grateful of the lesson.

2 comments:

  1. Trace I havent been bloogging for such a long time and have soooo missed it. I have just read your last few posts and it is like entering into the lives of a beautiful family that you just can't wait to hear the next episode. It is so refreshing to hear your thoughts and your writing is just so warm and eloquent and friendly. Love love love the lily episode and her play date. Hope you are enjoying your holidays just totally veg and enjoy family and "you" time. Love ya Cath xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It helps convey tone to the reader even though its not correct helpful sometimes when texting and blogging.
    Goodluck with the book your own editor very exciting.

    ReplyDelete