Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I love Wingham



When I went home to Wingham to Mum and Dad's place in the holidays, I came across these quirky, little rustic place card holders for the bridal table. Their intended use I believe is to hold and display photographs, so I will use them for that after the wedding.

I purchased these from Bent on Life, the lifestyle store that is beside the cafe, Bent on Food that is situated in Isabella street, (the main street) of Wingham - that I want all guests travelling to the wedding to visit! Whilst you are there, visit the book store in Wingham that I (perhaps, solely) am trying to keep afloat. Classy accommodation can be found at Tellers - The Old Bank Guest House.

If you wish to scour a charity shop for vintage goodies, like my friend Caroline, there is also a long-standing Op shop. I remember going in there with my Mum when I was a little girl. A good omen for me when I visited these holidays - the Op shop had a wedding display in the window, with vintage bridal gown, veil, shoes, purse and accessories.

To a pair of city eyes, Wingham really doesn't have a great deal more - a couple of bakeries, my Aunty & Uncle's stock feed shop, a cute florist, with lavender in buckets out the front and yet I love the place - my home town. So glad to be marrying there.

Oh, "The Wingham Brush" is remarkable, filled with fig trees and flying foxes it shares its perimeter with my old, primary school. There is also a quaint cooking school called 'Duck Under the Table', which teaches cheesemaking and the cooking of various cuisine. Caroline, as I mentioned before, is bringing a host of girls from Sydney, for the weekend - to make cheese.

I insist on few things for this wedding but 3 of which that I will not compromise on are:

(1) Fresh flowers for the table - a la Bella Vita Florist Wingham, in support of a small and local establishment (2) A good feed of good food
(3) Simplicity.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey!!!! just been reading your lovely wedding themed blogs and getting sooo excited!! it is going to be the most beautiful and love-filled wedding ever!! can't wait to see your gorgeous gown.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. and Wingham loves you! Ambassador in the making?! xx

    ReplyDelete