Tuesday, October 26, 2010

High Tea anyone? Seriously - this is an invitation. I need a date!



On Sunday November 21st I am going to a High Tea party at The Victoria Room, Sydney to see Kelly Doust (Author of 'The Crafty Minx') launch her new book 'A Life In Frocks'. She will also have on display, her entire collection of vintage dresses for the guests to peruse.

Apparently guests will be sipping on a selection of gourmet, freshly cut sandwiches and assorted, decadent sweets and we will be sipping on Piper-Heidsieck Champagne!

I am an online member of 'Books and Nooks' - type that in to see the pricing of the ticket and any other details if you are interested in going along.

I can't wait to wear a vintage frock and dress up and enjoy an afternoon of food, fashion and finery. A copy of Kelly's new book is included in the ticket price and has already been mailed to me, bound by tissue paper and ribbon. Heaven on a stick! I am already a third of the way through the book, which I am really enjoying.

My sister Trudy will be in Hawaii then, as will Lynelle. Caroline will be in Vietnam and frankly the event is not really Paul's cup-of-tea (pardon the pun).

I would love some company! If you are interested - even if we haven't met - it may be a lovely afternoon of conversation.

Lily and Paul will be in Sydney with me on the day spending the allotted 'High Tea Time', visiting the Opera House and exploring the city. Got a spare couple of hours on the Sunday the 21st for plushness, relaxation and a sip of tea out of a fancy tea cup?

Text me, ring me, email me or reply on my blog.
My email is velvetinelily@hotmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Hello again back in Aus' and checking your blog.Can't go to function.
    You should be overseas with the girls you would have hade a blast!
    Take care xox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great event to attend! I love Kelly's crafty books and noticed her novel on the bookshelf at the book store the other day.

    ReplyDelete