Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fashioning the wedding bouquet



Well I have just breathed in a fresh gust of wedding preparation fever! It comes and goes.

This morning as we cooled ourselves on the slip and slide in the back yard, I pottered about cutting clippings of berries and other textured greenery from our garden, fashioning my wedding bouquet.

I am not responsible for the wedding bouquet above, my florist is and she creates, rustic, just thrown together, old fashioned, freshly-picked-from-the-garden bouquets, that appear effortless but are indeed exquisite, wired, natural works of art!

Mark my words, there will be pale, apple green berries in my bouquet and lots of white, ruffled flowers intermingled with greenery.

My first wedding bouquet was a heavy and contrived orb of rose buds that lacked that simple 'posie' look and looked stilted and well...contrived.

I am confident that all will be natural and right second time round - and that includes the flowers.

4 comments:

  1. Love the 'spring posy' look for wedding bouquets - will look forward to seeing yours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very exciting for you to be fashioning your wedding boquet. I am sure that it will be perfect and the style that you have chosen is just gorgeous Tracey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything is wonderful Tracey, what a picture you and your gorgeous family are to me! So much love and beauty; such an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful posy for a beautiful bride-to-be xxx

    ReplyDelete