Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My holiday reading line up



Each book above, was a gift, given to me by various folk for Christmas.

I love Christmas but I really enjoy Boxing Day.

On Boxing Day I took to my first book like a lover of creme brulee might take to the glazed, toffeed meniscus of such a pudding, with the back of a metal spoon :- breaking through the crisp skin with a hungry implement, I created shards of sugar that melted in my mouth as I devoured each word.

As I turned each page of my new book, sweet and warm - I dipped my toes into the heart of the story, looked at Paul and sighed, knowing that my Summer holiday has most definitely begun.

If you need me, you know where I shall be - reading.....unapologetically and indefinitely.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great having a good book to get stuck into on the holidays - enjoy your reads x

    ReplyDelete