Thursday, January 27, 2011

This is it.... !!!


At the end of every year at Kindergarten Transition, I stand behind the microphone and address the school hall, full to the brim with new and upcoming Kindy students' parents and I say in my speech:

"...in the first days and weeks of big school, your child will call upon everything that you have ever taught them..."

Now I find myself remonstrating over my own words. Eating them, actually - thinking, I have precisely 4 days to squeeze in every useful and useless piece of information that I always intended to cover, but never quite got around to! Where did those years go?!

Calmly and professionally I stand there and talk sense to frightened parents about leaving their tears at the gate (after their child has settled). How different it is sending off one of your own little lambs.

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine how different it would feel to be one of those parents at the gate as opposed to the one giving all the parental advice. From what I've learnt of you through our blogs, I can tell what a wonderful Mum you are to your gorgeous girl and with the way that you have raised her, she will thrive in her new school environment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful mum Tracey and you have an amazing daughter. It is very hard sending them off to big school on their own to be influenced by other people but you've raised her well and now you can enjoy sharing all of her experiences as she shares with you about her day. xx

    ReplyDelete