Saturday, September 25, 2010

Today I...

began the first day of my holidays !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We walked our puppies and then I came home and did all of my Christmas shopping online for Lily. I finally tracked down the tree house that was around when I was a kid - you know the one that popped up and had a family of 5 with a car and a swing in it, that you wound up?! I think Lily and I will fight over it. My cousin Lisa had one when we were kids and I loved that thing!

Interestingly, when the Magic Tree house was first created 25 years ago in France, I doubt it was advertised in the way that it is now and I quote:

"The Magic Tree teaches children the notions of ecology, renewable energies and the protection of endangered species".

Vulli, the French company have since made the tree electronic, making the whole countryside come to life when you open it up, "recreating sounds of birds chirping and that of a running river".

The characters have also been environmentally named since I was a youngster. There is: 1) Martin - the forest ranger father 2) Begonia - the fruit and vegetable growing Mummy 3) Robin, the little boy 4) Cherry - the little girl 5) Basil - the dog who comes with his own humane kennel. How life has changed!

As Lily is starting big school next year, I also ordered cute little, 'Lily Kate' stickers and iron-ons for her school belongings and uniform. Beside her name are pictures of owls wearing sunglasses! Too cool for school. She will love these when she unwraps them under the Christmas tree.

I also ordered a little something for myself - personalised stationery, with my blog address up top - you should see the image that I selected for the paper - so cute and yet so totally unnecessary!

I also ordered 2 good books for my holiday reading.

How uplifting is this weather! Drowning in my own self-absorption and loving it.

1 comment:

  1. You are SO organized Tracey getting on top of all your Christmas shopping so early - I was only thinking yesterday I should start soon too to make it less stressful. Hope your holidays are going well.

    ReplyDelete