Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The edited version of 'The Proposal'



Well over a week ago, I sat down to write an excerpt for my blog entitled 'The Proposal'. Over 3,000 words and a chapter and a half (of my book) later, I still haven't a short, sharp and interesting post to shower you with.

My apologies. I keep getting texts and emails from people saying "Where is the proposal story?" I need to tell it as a whole because it really was a weekend long memory and each moment leading up to 'it' was significant.

But to be brief though and because the purpose of a blog is to be a blog and not a novel, I will say that 'the proposal', culminated in two separate events.

The official proposal occurred whilst on a romantic weekend away at Blueys Beach.

A second proposal ensued a couple of days later when we returned home. On that occasion, Paul proposed to Lily, bending down on one knee and placing a "diamond" ring (please note the inverted commas) on Lily's squidgy, little, ring finger, asking for her hand in marriage.

Paul told me later that he had found Lily's ring, well before mine.

Lucky for Paul - both girls said yes!

The above photograph is of the beautiful pink lilies and roses that the staff at my work had sent to our door, after hearing the good news of our engagement. Rebecca our social club organiser - you are gorgeous!

When the flowers arrived I thought how wondrous it is that the very idiosyncrasies and peculiarities of our colleagues, who often create such vexation to our spirit, suddenly become the very personable and endearing qualities that reduce one to tears!

I cannot leave the place that I work. These people are truly beautiful friends.

Last night, three girl friends from work took me out to dinner to toast our pending wedding.

I am a very lucky girl xo

7 comments:

  1. That is so sweet, he gave Lily a ring too!!!! Ohhhhhhhh! I want to hear more but I know what you mean, my engagement story is a long and funny one best told in full. I'm so happy for you Tracey and those flowers are beautiful.
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again - special thanks to one and all for you engagement wishes. Lee Ellen, it made my day to see you navigate your thoughts onto here! Lee, I have no email address or blog to thank you personally. Claire -Bear, I need your email address too baby doll!

    Tracey xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love this abridged story! What a gentleman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trace
    I so love romance. What an amazing guy to go down on bended knee for little Princess Lily. That is so thoughtful and beautiful. The perfect beginning for a lovely inspiring family. Love you so much. Please just enjoy your lives together.
    Cath xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congratulations Tracey! I am so excited for you, Lily and Paul. I can't wait to read about the proposal. The flowers are gorgeous and you are so fortunate to work with a great group of people. All the best, hugs and kisses for you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big sigh :) That's a lovely, lovely story. Congratulations to all of you for the continuation of a wonderful love filled life x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe I've missed these posts!! I'm SOOOOO super excited for you dear Tracey, what wonderful news and how incredibly special that 'Lily' was included. Big hugs to you my friend xx

    ReplyDelete