Friday, September 24, 2010

This week I ...


- had breakfast with Lily in her cubby outside (view from the cubby, looking outside in the photograph above).

- sat in a tranquil garden by myself, surrounded by the smell of spring. I smelt Azaleas, reminding me of the tending of an old-fashioned garden - like my late-Pop's. I smelt real roses that have a perfume that makes you sigh - the colour red, like a Mr Lincoln.

- wrapped Lily tightly in a warm blanket and nursed her like a newborn, after she came out of surgery distressed. I felt the power of the love between a mother and a daughter. When Lily came out of the anaesthetic she was confused and screaming for her Mummy. The nurses came and got me and as soon as I held her, she stopped. Her little body relaxed and she went back to sleep in my arms. I patted her. I had a moment, a revelation, I felt so lucky. Our love for each other, our knowledge of each other, is instinctive - no words are needed. I have lived knowing the love of a child.

This week I ...
- let a handful of significant people into my life - almost physically feeling the accommodation and transition. I let go, let my guard down and realised their extreme loyalty to me and consciously accepted them into my inner circle. I resist intimately taking 'new people' into my personal and immediate world because each being requires; tending, love, water, sunlight and nourishment. I am aware that my time and energy only allows me to nurture a select few close friends. My priority is raising my family. As I get older the friendships that I forge are fewer, but stronger.

-laughed loudly and deeply, expelling sorrow and tiredness, breathing sunshine and colour into my soul.

- was affected monumentally by the depth of kindness, protection and support offered by my friends.

- took steps to alter my life and well being in 2011. I created a plan that suits me, enabling me to achieve a level of fulfillment, creativity, balance and harmony in my life next year and for the remainder of this year.

- scratched the surface and found profound joy.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post Tracey - I love the way you write and express your thoughts. Hope poor Lily has recovered after her surgery - it's funny how motherhood and the feelings that come with it can take over so strongly and instinctively. I too know what you mean about friends too - I am a believer of 'quality not quantity' and rather than having a large circle, I prefer the support and friendship of my few close friends.

    I really connect with so much of what you write Tracey, it's so nice to connect with 'like minded' people in blogland :)

    ReplyDelete