Saturday, August 7, 2010

Play this clip and spare some love for missing little girl, Kiesha



I feel so saddened by the disappearance of Kiesha, the 6 year old who was admitted to hospital with an infected, adult bite mark on her face, prior to her now lengthy disappearance. To hear through the media that she had spent her time playing idly in the neighbourhood, with stray cats, was evidence of her sorrow.

Who was protecting and loving this innocent, little girl? Hearing of this dear, little angel who had no voice and became invisible makes me want to right the wrongs of this world. Should I become a foster parent? Or do I just continue to love my own daughter and be kind, loving and aware of injustice and neglect amongst the children that I teach, being vigilant about reporting abuse? Is this enough? What can we do? What can I do to make a difference?

I hear the politicians arguing over nonsense as they prepare for election - I see no reform or genuine improvement dedicated to the lives of Kiesha and the other, lost little girls and boys suffering in silence.

Justice can never be served for the loss of this young life.

Kasey Chamber's song 'Am I Not Pretty Enough?', reminded me of Kiesha, when I heard of her disappearance on the radio. This clip I found on YouTube.

God bless her beautiful soul.

3 comments:

  1. I too thought this was such a sad story when I first heard of it on the news. Often, when there are things out there that I feel saddened by and want to help with in some way, I look to my teaching background and I like to think that in some way, by instilling values and helping to raise the children I teach to be kind hearted and to have an awareness of others, hopefully this in some way will help to make our world a little bit of a happier place x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trace I too am very affected by this really sad real life story. I am constantly hearing an inner dialogue going on deep down in my soul "How can I make a difference?" "what can I do?". This sad disgraceful story makes it so much more important for us to impact our own family and friends. If only a neighbour or a friend or a relative had been proactive in this childs life. I am deeply affected that this dear little innocent child did not ask for life as it has been dealt to her. Who knows the real story?... I just want to make a difference in my own family first, because if I can't with them I definitely cannot with any one else and a fraud if I think I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reality of what happened to her would be brutal sick and disturbing.If she was alive the media pressure would have got to them by now.Perhaps the most disturbing thing is they have another baby boy.I rather not think about it at all to be honest.

    ReplyDelete